1. when i know for sure spring is coming in ithaca because there's a herb rollerblading in the fountain, and/or someone is rollerblading with a kite. we're in the clear when the blades come out
2. when there isn't shitty barf bean chili or msg chicken douch-le noodle salt soup in the pub for lunch but instead it's delicious and perfect broccoli & cheese which i hope they have today because now i'm starving
3. witty reparteé
4. mastering the art of the side-eye (not to be confused with my sad attempts at eye-crossing), as well as the highly effective "smile & fade"
5. parking illegally & not getting a ticket. fucked you again ithaca parking & traffic services!
6. having something really arbitrary in common with someone. examples include a Dexter ringtone, only being able to cross one eye, or hating the movie tropic thunder
7. seeing anything worthy of the tongue-out, schadenfreude laugh. or a stewie head turn. or any vague references to an obscure, specific joke
8. playing footsie! unless you have stinky sweaty cornchip smelling finger toes in which case get those things away from me
9. baby anything. anything small and cute, preferably furry, but doesn't have to be. tiger cubs, human cubs, baby ponies, you get the idea.
10. the fact that i'm going home in two days. this was surprisingly difficult.